1.12.2010

just an ordinary day...

today has been pretty low key...just like i like it :) i'm just sitting here with my husband, drinking spiced tea. what a life! i don't know when the last time was that i did a post without pics. i'm so relaxed (probably lazy) to get my camera and upload some pictures. trust me, my kids are still pretty darn cute!

me and the boys have just hung out today. canon and i played for quite awhile this morning in his playroom. i love that he is starting to figure out to "play" with someone. we crawled around playing monkeys and doggies. we (he) climbed on his ship playset. we read lots of books. i just kept thinking to myself i have to remember these moments because they were so precious. i am so blessed with two of the sweetest babies!

canon also helped me make blueberry pancakes for lunch and put a ham in the oven for dinner. he likes to dump stuff in the mixing bowls. he has been doing so well at eating lately. still a little finicky about what he will eat but what he likes, he is eating well. the trick? letting him grow up...sniff. i've just always fed him and most of the time we fed him on the couch. for the past week, he has been sitting in his high chair and we are letting him use his utensils. he's surprisingly a pretty clean eater. we do have to help him put stuff on his spoon sometimes. he loves it! i think it's like a mission to him. he's very task-oriented, and because of his personality probably enjoys the structure of sitting at the table. ooh...wait. i have some pics that are already on my computer from the other day...


i love spring time tv. i have so many shows that i love to watch. it's so bad that i have written on my calendar the date that each show premieres or resumes. this is the first year i've had dvr so i don't miss any. when we were first married, i still recorded on a vhs on our snowy antenna tv channels, but then our vhs player busted. I watch american idol, lost, 24, biggest loser, bachelor, office, the little couple, how i met your mother, and the duggars. these are the shows that the dvr is set to record each week. of those shows, lane watches ai, lost, 24, office, and how i met your mother with me. he refuses to watch bachelor because it makes him sick and he could care less about my tlc shows!!

well, that's a little insight into what my day has been like. maybe i'll start working on a post of what a typical day (schedule) looks like for us so when i have 10 kids that are involved in everything and we are running crazy, i can look back at the "simple" days and remember how sweet a time it was!!

4 comments:

Josh and Maggie said...

I LOVE dvr too! I have so many shows set to record, it is crazy.

welcometomyfrontporch said...

How did our moms make it without DVR? That is an invention I can no longer live without. :)

Lauren said...

I would love to see your schedule... :)

Lisa said...

You're gonna have 10 kids? More power to you. It's hard enough keeping up with 3 and all of their activities.