10.13.2010

earthquake...

this morning started out like any other normal, weekday morning. lane's alarm goes off. he hits snooze. it goes off again. he gets up. he turns the shower on. he brings ledger to me. i nurse him. i lay ledge back down. i go make coffee. lane gets ready. i watch the news. the couch shakes. oh, wait, my mistake, the couch shaking is not normal! today, i experienced my first earthquake!!!

i don't know why that excites me because earthquakes aren't supposed to be good, right? i do love me some weather, though. while sitting there, i felt a slight vibrating/shaking feeling that lasted for 3-5 seconds. i hollered to lane in the kitchen, "did you feel that shaking?". to which he replied, "no." i said, "i think that was an earthquake." he laughed it off and left for work. the end.

10 minutes later, i looked at my phone and saw i had a missed call from my sister. i called her back and asked her why she was calling so early in a joking voice. she freaked out and said she just felt an earthquake. it was so rough she had to hold on to prevent falling off the toilet. at that time, lane was beeping in so i clicked over to tell him. he said that's why he was calling. his brother in edmond had called and told him. i resounded with a big, "i told you so!".

so for the following 20-30 minutes, i was texting, tweeting and watching the news. facebook blew up with what everyone felt and where they were when it had occurred. it was exciting. it changed up everyones monotonous mornings. i'll always remember the great oklahoma quake of 2010. ok, probably not, but it was fun while it lasted!

4 comments:

Josh and Maggie said...

It definitely made for an exciting morning! Although, I don't wish it to happen again...I don't like earthquakes!

Anonymous said...

Probably made you wish you would have gone to the fair and rode some rides!!!

Lauren said...

Thanks for the ol shout out!

Anonymous said...

Nice to know where your sister was when it happened. haha!!

We had a an earthquake in Idaho and at the time, I was thinking something was wrong with an appliance. I was in my kitchen and the dishes were rattling. As I headed down to the basement, I saw pictures that were crooked and things knocked off of shelves. I didn't think anything about it, turned on the news and everyone began tweeting and facebooking about it. That wasn't my first quake, but the one I will remember. If I would have known what it was at the moment, I would have been more protective of my babies. (They were all napping and I didn't even check on them)