10.05.2010

random tuesday...

*i am loving this weather. i'm thinking we may need to turn the heat on during the night though because when we wake up, it's 65* in here. which to lane and i is an awesome sleeping temperature, but to babies who refuse to keep socks on their feet, it's a bit cold.

*i feel like canon is an old man lately with all his different doctors appointments...ha. especially today while sitting in the ENT/audiology office for his 1-year post tubes check up. the average age in there had to be 75. he didn't do great on his hearing test mainly because he didn't want to participate. our great dr said it looked pretty good and asked if i felt like he heard/understand well...which i do. he asked about his speech. i told him he's very delayed and we are in speech now. tubes look great and are still in and working! he hasn't had an ear infection in over a year.

*speech is going well. really well. we love our therapist, miss kim. she does so great with him and he responds well to her. i just sit and observe for most of the hour. it's funny because canon thinks he's just playing with cars and cooking, but there's a purpose for everything she does. we have homework we do at home...like cards with "d" words we go over daily and imitating words/sounds. we also are focusing on foods during speech so we went out and bought a 120 piece play food set. his goals are first to increase his vocab then correct how he says words. just this week he has added eat and church to his short list of words that he says without prompting. i'm just so ready for him to talk, but i know i have to be patient and trust the process.

*lane's at the store for me now. we were going to meet him around 5 after a meeting so he could get the oil changed while i shopped, but the babies were still napping after going down late and lane didn't want me to wake them so i had to tell him over the phone my list...complete with brands, sizes, colors, etc. this could be scary. so far, i've had 3 phone calls asking for clarification. i'm just thankful to have a break from wal-mart. i really hate that place. now, we get to stay in our pj's all day tomorrow!!!

*the duggars and biggest loser are on tonight...two of my favs. i actually have a lot of "favs" currently according to lane. i get in trouble for dvr'ing too much. dvr list: duggars, quints by surprise, kate plus 8, little couple, little people big world, sister wives (shhhh...), amazing race, biggest loser, office, how i met your mother, the soup, keeping up with the kardashians, and everybody loves raymond. ELR is my newest must-see-tv. i know it's been around forever, but i never cared for it. it's so freaking funny! i guess maybe i appreciate it more because it's more our stage of like, idk. i set the dvr to record all of them on all channels. there are currently 34 to be watched.

*just received phone call number 4. at least he doesn't assume. one less trip for me later!
my children are still napping. i suppose it's time to get them up so they go back to sleep tonight! man, nap time is valuable. i sure do love my kids. after they go to bed at night, we randomly talk about how great they are. too sweet and funny.

*i'll leave you with my 3 guys and one of their fav things...steamrolling. who knew rolling over each other while saying steamroller could be soooo much fun?!?

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Even though my list to Wal-Mart is much shorter I would take 4 phone calls from Lane over having to go myself. Can he come do my shopping next time? I forgot Biggest Loser is on tonight...I am still on the first episode online because my computer always freezes and I always have to remember where I am. Looks like I have a long night ahead of me with TV!

Morgan said...

Lane tweeted me that you are hooked to Sister Wives. I bet it's not as interesting without all of us there to make you pause it while we comment :) man, that night was great! I really loved it!!

kellimoss said...

morgan, we loved it too!! you are welcome anytime...to stay or visit! it's going to get interesting with the new sister wife moving in!

lauren, we are now to 8 phone calls...and the longest shopping trip EVER!!!!

kellimoss said...

morgan, we loved it too!! you are welcome anytime...to stay or visit! it's going to get interesting with the new sister wife moving in!

lauren, we are now to 8 phone calls...and the longest shopping trip EVER!!!!

Josh and Maggie said...

Your dvr list sounds a lot like mine! I'm kind of glad there's someone else that watches as much tv as I do. :)