5.18.2012

mother's day...

we celebrated our moms a little bit early. we were headed to muskogee for chloe's end of school program on the thursday before mother's day so the boys and i got busy on our gifts for them so we could hand deliver them. they painted flower pots with butterflies made out of their sweet hand prints. knox's was a bit tricky to get with his clenched fist and screaming! they were so proud of their creations. we are SO thankful for such wonderful moms that have intentionally loved us well!
Photobucket
Photobucket
on saturday, lane and the big boys snuck out of the house for a "secret errand." i was threatened asked not to prod the boys about what they had been up to as they are awful secret keepers! i was told one of my presents wouldn't be ready until wednesday, but canon insisted i open my other one (an awesome thunder shirt!) saturday night. i think lane obliged hoping the boys would forget about the other one! 
Photobucket
funny story...sunday morning (mother's day), i was sitting on the couch drinking my cup of coffee when canon started talking about painting a coffee mug. i quickly asked lane what he was talking about. needless to say, canon nearly kept a secret for 24 hours! turns out, they had painted an awesome mug for me at the purple glaze. it's somehting i will always keep!
Photobucket
after church, my little family took me to eat some mexican food at my favorite place, el guapo. yum.

Photobucket
Photobucket
we drove around afterwards in some historic districts then went home and took 3 hour naps. perfect afternoon. that evening, we met my mom and chloe for dinner at olive garden. we ended up having to wait forever because the kitchen crashed, but it was so nice outside that we didn't mind too much (it started to get ridiculous, but then it was our turn!) 
Photobucket
later that week, we went to pick up my sweet mug. it's just perfect. 
Photobucket
it's such a good feeling to feel extra appreciated on this special day, but each of my guys are so good about loving me well all year long. i feel so blessed that i get to be mommy to these boys! my heart is so full, it feels as if it could explode!

No comments: