6.09.2010

update to previous post...

i'm a pureeing maniac!! i'm obsessed. it's so much fun! since my last post, i've made more than enough squash and carrots to last at least a months time. and seriously, it takes like a total of 10 minutes start to finish per each veggie. last night, my SIL and i did the math to see how much it was costing me, and we figured it to be at least half the cost of baby food. the boys and i are making a target run this evening for big boy underwear (another post in itself!!) and i have peas, apples and a sieve on the list as well! wish i could somehow make a profit off my new love :)

2 comments:

C R said...

Have you seen the Jessica Seinfeld cookbook? I love mine. I have modified some of the recipes and made some of my own. I don't puree as much anymore. I just throw the veggies in the food processor and do it that way. I know you can't do that at this time. I just thought you might enjoy it.
I also have the sneaky chef, but it's more time consuming. I have heard from other moms that the recipes in the sneaky chef are better.

Megan said...

my mom had a baby food grinder when we were little and lived on a farm. she put everything in there! and i a convinced that's why 4 out of 5 of us like our veggies!! :)