6.28.2012

arkansas:part 1...

last friday evening after my mom got off work, we headed to little rock to spend the week. both sides of my family live there so we spent the first part at my mamie's and the second part at my mimi's. the boys could not wait to get to "arkansas", as they referred to it over and over. my mom was only able to stay until sunday morning, but clo has been hanging out with us!
Photobucket
saturday morning, after a big breakfast, my mom's sweet aunt barb and uncle sam came by to visit. it was so nice to see them as it had been a few years. (hi, barbara!)
Photobucket
Photobucket
this sweet boy had plenty of smiles for everyone!
Photobucket
my cousin, karrie, stopped by with her kiddos. ledger LOVED lilly kate and played with her forever. he may need a sister down the road!
Photobucket
these sweet babies are only 10 days apart. and looking too cute in their aqua!
Photobucket
saturday evening, my aunt kim invited us over for a big picnic. her house is the cutest, most homey and relaxing place i've ever been. it's the sweetest cottage that looks like it belongs in a magazine! love going there. and of course, the dinner was delicious, thanks to her and courtney! we also got to see courtney's new house. they completely remodeled it and it looks like it belongs in a magazine, too. they were blessed with some serious vision and style!
Photobucket
ben and the boys!
Photobucket
chloe is to thank for most of these pictures! she has enjoyed playing with my camera this week.
Photobucket
look at this fancy ice cream cake kim made. and she made my fav...chocolate pie!
Photobucket
the boys discovered the upstairs room at mamie's that the cousins always used. it had all kinds of different activities that we used to play with when we were younger. i so remember many a game of old maid!
Photobucket
they also LOVED playing on the stairs. their little imaginations were very active!
Photobucket
sunday morning we went to church with mamie and papa john, had a tasty lunch at dixie cafe, took a nice long nap and then went swimming! canon asked a million and five times if it was time to go yet.
Photobucket
knox gets so relaxed in the pool! he just kicked and kicked his little feet.
Photobucket
ledger played snake forever with this noodle!
Photobucket
chloe was perfecting the freezing of the water droplets on the camera by having me jump in over and over.
Photobucket
monday we just stayed in our jammies around the house and gathered up all of our stuff. man, do we bring a bunch with us! after knox gets out of the baby stage, i've got to perfect the art of packing light. after a scrumptious dinner that mamie made, we said our good-byes and headed over the river to mimi's house. 

mamie and john, thank you for having us. we are kind of a zoo and, for sure, really loud! we enjoyed visiting and playing with you guys. we hope to see you sometime this fall. love you both so much :)

2 comments:

Barb said...

Kelli, I love this! It is so fun reading your blog. I could look at it for hours and I already have! You are so talented and creative!! Thank you for showing me how to get to your blog so I can watch those precious boys grow. We need to see each other more often and I hope we do in the future! Loved seeing you. Love you all, Aunt Barb

Sockan said...

Hey, just wanted to say that I love your blog and your children are really cute :)